Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Week 4 Reflection: RISE Peer Feedback

The below post is my peer review for my classmate in my web design class Loren Maxwell.  This review is to help give feedback to my classmate regarding his project as well is help build critical thinking skills for myself when looking over designs.  This tool will help build a good foundation for critiquing my colleagues' work in my future career.

Hi Loren,


First and foremost let me say you did an excellent job with your project.  The general layout was very clean and aesthetically pleasing.  Also it was very easy to use. 

One of the items that I first noticed was the second row of tab buttons.  Was this intentional?  The reason I bring this up is because these buttons appear right under your pages menu.  To me this seems a bit repetitive.  Are you trying to get your client’s customers to be more attracted to those pages in particular? 

If this was an intentional attention to those pages, you may also consider changing the colors in the menu instead of utilizing a second row of tabs.  Changing the color from the other page links will definitely draw attention.  Another suggestion would be to put the extra tabs below the text and utilize some of the extra space at the lower portion of the home page.

Something else I noticed was the inspiration page.  I remember in the critiques our instructor mentioned this page.  I wanted to view it myself to see if I may offer another helpful suggestion to make this page a bit more impactful and relevant for your client.  Since the title of this page is inspiration and the client is known for his ability to remove bandages with as little pain as possible, maybe consider adding links to other forms of helpful health techniques.  Or active links to becoming and living a healthier lifestyle.  Something that would inspire a better quality of life, like a link to “How to eat healthier” or “Having an active lifestyle”.

Overall I think you did very well with your site.  I believe with just a few minor tweaks your site will be very powerful for you client.  I really do think you were on to something with the inspiration page.  If you utilized it for something more closely related to your clients business it would be much more impactful for the site. 

As always you did a great job.  I enjoyed getting more in depth into your project.  I believe your client would be very happy with the final result.

The below link is to Loren’s website:


Thank you,
Felisha Hodges

No comments:

Post a Comment