The following post is is about my soft launch of my fictitious client The Holy Magdalena Cupcake Express's website. This project is for my web design class. The objective for this assignment was to build a fully functional website with all the criteria that I outlined in a proposal that can be located on an earlier post.
The following link will take you to The Holy Magdalena Cupcake Express website.
The Holy Magdalena Cupcake Express
Were you able to meet all the provisions outlined in your proposal?
Yes. I did deviate slightly, in my proposal I stated I would use Joomla for my CMS. But I ended up using Weebly instead. Since I am just a beginner I utilized one of the sites from the article list. I wanted to ensure success of the site.
Did you propose or promise something you could not deliver?
No I do not think so, overall I am very happy with the final project. I was able to create the Facebook page, have a site that incorporated a blog page and also covered all of the clients wants and needs for the site. This site is very aesthetically pleasing to the eye flows with the clients branding and colors and also presents a welcoming feel for customers.
What was the most challenging part of the process for you?
The most challenging part for me was debating how I wanted to execute the site. At first I probably over thought my ideal site and launch too much. But once I sat down and focused I was able to create a site that I am happy with and will be very beneficial for the client. Another part I had trouble with was the calendar I used Eventbrite but I would love to learn how to make an interactive user friendly calendar for the client. Eventbrite is easy to use but I would rather they have a calendar right on the site.
Where would you like to go deeper?
I would like very much to try another site. I enjoyed the process and am looking forward to trying again with the company I work for if they will allow me the opportunity. I found that utilizing a CMS was very helpful. Also I really would like to learn how to create an active calendar for the site instead of using a third party calendar.
No comments:
Post a Comment