Thursday, February 12, 2015

Week 2 Analysis: User Behavior

The following post is an analysis for my web design class.  This analysis is intended to help make sure I have all necessary information for my fictitious client the Holy Magdalena food truck's website.  I am to think like a visitor of the site.  My objective is to make sure that I have all the information needed to accommodate the visitors that I believe will frequent the site.  I also want to make sure that all information a customer of the Holy Magdalena will feel like they can get all their questions answered while visiting the website.



Business Name:

Holy Magdalena Food Truck Website

List of Potential Questions/Tasks of the Ideal Site Visitor:

1.     Where can I find the food truck?
2.     What times are they operating?
3.     How much are their menu items?
4.     What kind of menu do they have?
5.     Do they do special events?
6.     Can I pre-order?
7.     Is it actually as good as I have been told?
8.     Are they only a cupcake food truck?
9.     What type of people are they?
10. Why did they choose a food truck and not a storefront?



When I cross-referenced the information provided I answered most of the questions a visitor to the site would have.  The menu items and pricing are provided.  From what I can tell the owner for now only makes cookies and cupcakes.  I do not think at the moment that will be a problem.  I will need to develop the blog and the posts that will start the initial blog process.  The images provided allow for the menu page to be properly set-up.  I will have to shorten the story behind the creation of the Holy Magdalena because it is a bit wordy.  I believe that proper execution of the elements that I described in my proposal will allow for a very user-friendly site.  I will have to create a Facebook page for the Holy Magdalena and make sure it will also reach the intended demographic of customers.  There is one item that concerns me and will have to be addressed and that is that for Saturdays being a special events day simply stating check the local listings is not the way to go.  I believe for that day to be truly effective there will need to be a true calendar and schedule of events. This way it will feel more like the Holy Magdalena is community friendly.  Showing that they took the time and coordinated with local event planners to attend certain events.  For example lets say Petaluma city officials are opening a new park that would be a great event to attend and place on the calendar.  Also establishing a clear connection with customers will be very important utilizing the passion Ray has for food and his family will need to shine through.  Even though his menu items are fun, for a customer to go through the trouble of locating the food truck and actually deciding to go and try out the cupcakes and other treats will take them feeling connected so it will be very important that the personal touch is not missing from the site.  When I go back and reference the pages that I analyzed last week I remember feeling like I wanted something more.  Then I also remember the site that was very inspiring.  I want to be able to utilize the items that were positive but make sure that the customer is not overwhelmed with too much information.  I believe the site that I have proposed with all the intended pages will allow for easy navigation.  The information that customers want and or need to know will be readily available.  There will always be a link to the our blog page, home page, and I have decided there should also always appear a link to the calendar page.  This way if a customer only wants to get the simple how when and where they can easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment