Friday, February 21, 2014

WK3 Analysis: Businesses & Audiovisual Media


            I thoroughly enjoyed all three videos from each of the different entities.   They each had very unique ways of showcasing their information. 
            Full Sail utilized their video to showcase that they were innovative with the way they were presenting information to their students.  They began the video with intriguing images and testimonials.  As a student looking for a college to attend they would be drawn to their campus simply from all of the engaging information.   The video also promoted that Full Sail was technology savvy.  In their video they mentioned all of their different studios for media as well as their LaunchBox program.  In my opinion this video would indeed bring in more students and also exhibited the technology benefits that Full Sail offers very well.
            Dollar Shave Club indirectly plugged their new product with discussing poop in a unique way.  They used clever antic dotes about when someone goes number two.  They utilized interesting scenarios such as Alejandra in the field digging for gold as “nuggets” left behind.  As they are moving through the video they then mention “One Wipe Charlies”.   They keep their audience entertained while allowing them to be introduced to their latest product. But they do not overpower them with an advertisement.  I do not believe there is a story here per say. But I do believe that they elaborated on their very successful first video with a new video to showcase their newest item.
            Science World has a very entertaining what looks like music video.  But in reality they found a creative way of displaying their interactive exhibits while keeping its audience intrigued to watch what will happen next.  Science World showcased patrons and employees having a great time while using the exhibits.  At first glance you do not notice that they are showing you a museum.  But once you really get into the video you cannot help but notice that they are showing you all of the different interactive exhibits.  As I got further into the video I could see patrons at different stations with items in their hands as well as exploring.  Even though there really is not a story here they keep you entertained through the lip sinking.  Also as I watched I wanted to see what else they were going to show.   I believe they had a very good choice of song as well as personality and pizazz that would entertain and intrigue possible guests of the museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment