Friday, February 7, 2014

WK1 Analysis: Businesses & Blogs


When I first approached analyzing the three blogs I felt a little unsure of myself.  I am a completely blank canvas when it comes to blogging, or reading blogs.  So that said here is my analysis of the three blogs.
 At a first glance I noticed that each of the blog is audience focused.  Each post is very direct for their intended viewers.  For example the Full Sail site is focused on topics and events that their students and faculty would have an interest in.  All three seem to have taken every step to keep its viewers coming back.  Also they each have a photo that intrigues a viewer to take a look at each and every post.  This is a great tactic because most of our society is captured by a visual element.
Both the Full Sail and Dollar Shave Club are similar in that they have a little bit of a social media feel.  I feel this way because they both showcase photos of people directly involved in the two enterprises.  They seem to have a more laid back aspect to their blogs.  Where as the Science World blog is more information based. 
The Science World and Full Sail blogs are similar in that they both have menus for upcoming events and dates.  They each allow for additional information to be collected by their viewers.  They also allow their viewers to collect and learn.  They are both sites that are geared on educating their viewers.
The Science World blog is unique because its actual page layout is very soft and welcoming to its viewers.  The different posts flow very well.  The layout encourages its viewers to click the next one to learn about a new and different topic.  Also they put their hours of operation for that day up.  This lets you know someone is keeping the blog up to date.
The Full Sail blog showcases different campus happenings.  It also has a date and calendar box that allows its viewers to see and be able to keep a calendar of current and upcoming events.  It shows items from different site that Full Sail is utilizing.  Also it allows students to generate blog posts.  Full Sail displays that they are very student friendly and allow for some great interaction between students as well as faculty.
The Dollar Shave Club has a fun feeling when you first open it.  It showcases different sales events.  Also the first posts I noticed were sharing gift ideas for its customers.  At a glance as a consumer I get the impression they want me to feel I personally am important and not just a dollar sign.  The site also feels personal because of the pictures of the different staff members.

No comments:

Post a Comment