Sunday, February 9, 2014

WK1 Project: My MCBS Story

   Before I started the MCBS Program, I was very unhappy with how my life was turning out.  I had begun to settle for less than what I had always expected to accomplish.  I had always thought I would make a difference and experience new exciting things.  But then I got comfortable with just doing what others expected me to do.   I was doing what people were telling me I should, instead of doing something that made me feel fulfilled in my life.  Because of that I started to become very discouraged with my life and where it was headed.   Because of that a day came where I finally had it with my situation and development of my future.   Because of that I started really thinking about what I had a passion for and where I really wanted to be going with my life.   I came to a conclusion that if I were going to be able to accomplish my dreams and goals I would need a degree in my field of choice.  Once that decision was made I sat down and began to explore the different schools and programs that were available and offered degrees in the field that I chose.   I decided right away I needed to set specific goals, not just for graduating, but for after graduation as well.   I chose my dream job, and I also formulated a plan on how to get there.  I was very meticulous in speaking with and talking to a very select group of peers and close friends to help me take the best path.  When I was making this plan I had a unique circumstance on my hands that I had to also consider.  I am a single mother so every choice I was making had to positively impact my son's life as well.  So once I had all of the proper elements in place to positively achieve my goals I have been in the process of getting all of the fundamentals I will need to become a successful television producer.

The picture I chose is an inspirational poster that has my son in it.  It serves as reminder for me how I should look at situations.  Also it reminds me that it is okay to have dreams and to follow them.

As I read my two classmates original stories I realized that I was missing that personal touch.  I felt like my reasoning in my original post did not represent my own real story.  So with the revised version I really wanted to get my story and where I was at the time I chose to follow my dreams across.   I really connected with each of their story because it felt like a person was telling it where as mine felt more forced.


No comments:

Post a Comment