Friday, February 14, 2014

WK2 Analysis: Businesses & The Visual Web


In this assignment I am going to be reviewing three companies and how their different visual sites are utilized for their intended audience.
            Full Sail University shares on their Pinterest page photos of things in and around campus.  They have different posts for interesting events, campus housing, and just about anything that a current or potential student would want to know about their school.  Every post has the Full Sail name attached to it. Several of the different posts are about Full Sail whether current or history.  The have a post labeled Full Sail Swag that showcases their different Full Sail Merchandise.  They intrigue their audience with exciting labels for their posts as well as different photos and images of the particular posts.  Each photo that is posted grabs the users attention so that they will want to click and view the entire post.
            Dollar Shave Club’s Instagram page has posts of its different employees as well as little sayings about razors.   The different images of the staff either at work or at one of the fun events help draw people into view their page.  People feel they are connected to this company on a personal level.  For this company this is what you need when you have large corporations to compete with.  When approaching an audience or customer in this manner will make them feel that you are personable and care about them whereas, a big corporation only views them as another dollar in their pocket.
            Science World’s Facebook page showcases people interacting with exhibits, different scientific projects or elements.  Also they are show casing staff and scientific mentors addressing young children.  They also have some Lego projects.  Having so many different things are good because they offer your audience variety.  But to me if you are a museum that is trying to showcase your unique position as far as learning science then you should showcase some of that in particular.  It is always good to remember that if you give someone too many options that they can get frustrated and just move on instead of viewing your intended ad.  I do believe that with the correct images and layout the customer interest would be much greater.  In this aspect I believe that if they take away some of the pictures of the individuals and left up the pictures of the different people that are learning and or demonstration science they would be more pleasing for their audience.  I believe that the science style pictures help draw in an audience but as a consumer I would be a little confused.  I think that yes they attract people but I do not think they would be attracting the original intended audience.  But most of their marketing is to simply spark an interest in its public.  In that regard I think they have just enough science things in their that it helps some.

No comments:

Post a Comment