Sunday, September 7, 2014

MCPP Portfolio Project Submission 1: WK2 Media Creation with a Team Revised

Star Rating Sought:

I am seeking a 1-star rating for this submission.

Project Description:

This project was an exercise in compiling a media package for Full Sail's new MCBS program.  My personal involvement was to create the print ad portion of my teams package.  I believe that I completed this task to the best of my abilities at the time.  Another objective of this project was to collaborate with team members to create a successful project as a team unit.

Link to Deliverable:


Feedback Received:


My critique from Rene was very insightful.  He mentioned I should make the ads more alike than the previous designs.  Charlene Hernandez suggested using more campus photos. 
I did choose to go back and adjust the artwork to be more unified.  I decided of all the designs I created, the original poster design was my favorite.  So I made the other prints match that design.  But I did change up the layout or secondary font just a little bit.  When doing this I was able to utilize the same color and background design, as well as the same font for Media Communications.  Each of these particular elements could be turned into a branding item.  In the background I used a splatter, and this element could be used as a secondary logo for decals, and branding certain custom items.  
Unfortunately I was unable to develop a design on the other ads that could allow for photos.  I do agree that photos for a video asset would be beneficial, but with these ads you would just be taking away from the advertisement for the program.

This summary is my original feedback summary from Introduction to Media Communications.

Resources Utilized:

I utilized Adobe Illustrator that is installed on my Mac book Pro.  My team mates were Loren Maxwell, Antonio Roboostoff and Zachary Vernon.  Loren was in charge of our team's teaser videos.  Antonio created the audio clips and Zachary was tasked with our 30 second video.

No comments:

Post a Comment