Thursday, December 10, 2015

Week 3 Practice: Company Questions

This post is an assignment for my Career Development online course.  In this assignment I am to determine 5 questions I would ask at the end of an interview to determine if a potential position is the right opportunity for my career goals.  Please find my questions and notes below.


Will this position be specific for this company or is it a multi-client position?
      
     The reason this question is important to me is I am looking to work for an
     individual company or corporation.  I do not want to move into a role where I will
     be working for multiple clients.

Will this position require business attire or casual attire?
      
     My reason for this question is to gain an idea of the environment.  Generally I
     have found that in a business casual environment I am more comfortable.

Are you looking for an individual who works without constant direction?
     
      I am the type of person who takes a list of tasks and can complete them without
     being constantly reminded of the tasks I have to complete.  I do not like an
     employer who hovers over my work.

What do you consider an ideal Marketing Designer can do?
      
     Having a clearer idea outside of the described requirements of the position will
     give me a better idea of what they feel this position should really accomplish.  For
     example, some would describe a Marketing Designer as someone who has
     experience with brand development and other forms of marketing media and
     some people are really just looking for a graphics designer who can create
     promotional designs

What is the your team atmosphere like?
     
     Some employers have a group of individuals who never truly connect with each
     other and there are some who rely heavily on being able to work together to
     accomplish tasks.  I enjoy working in a team environment, especially when
     designing because I have the ability to gain insight from a different perspective
     than my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment