Tuesday, March 25, 2014

AET Week 4 Peer Review

Loren Maxwell,

     I hope your Tuesday is coming to a good close. Please see my RISE Peer review for your week 3 project below:

Reflect -  I very much enjoyed your design.  At a first glance I am drawn to the fact that it is very "clean" in that is effective but not overly complicated.  It was very clear where you wanted to focus your audiences' attention.  I very much prefer a simple brand to an extremely elaborate one.  Also it defiantly keeps with the pristine image most vineyards try and convey to their clients.  I went back to my design to make sure the message I was conveying was as accurately portrayed.

Inquire - I liked that you chose to utilize a color specific subject, but why these two? I ask because they look like they are friends, but not necessarily "connected."

Suggest - Have you considered cropping the image to where the couple to the left was your two colored subjects?  Another possible change could be to with an outer glow highlight the vineyard’s slogan.

Elevate - Perhaps you can refine your design by using a subject that more resembled people making a better connection.  I believe that your design is very strong, but with a little tweaking it could be extremely powerful.  For example if you were to use the couple as your subjects it would further bring home the idea of "connecting" with the vineyard.   This element will directly help build the audiences’ confidence that the vineyard does actually want to connect with them personally.  It will show them that your client understands the meaning of true connection.  Also if instead you decided to add the outer glow to the slogan that would bring some focus to what the vineyard believes in which would in turn portray that the vineyard allows for a personal connection.

Thank you,
Felisha Hodges

No comments:

Post a Comment