Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Week 4 Reflection: RISE Peer Review

This post is an assignment for my Media Entrepreneurship Online course.  In this post I am to review a fellow classmates business plan and preform a RISE peer review.  Please find my classmate Lauren Maxwell's project linked below as well as my review.

Loren Maxwell Week 3 Project: Final Business Plan



Hi Loren,


First let me begin by saying your plan is very well organized and laid out.  You were very detailed in your business plan.  Also one more item that I very much enjoyed is the graphic utilized on the title page.  Another element that I really liked of your plan was the Executive Summary.  The reason this stuck out to me so much is because I myself felt a little lost with this section and yours was beautifully written.
Your work is always of the highest caliber, however I am curious why you had not chosen a freelancer for your company yet?  I do understand that this business is just an infant but the reason I pose this question is if you are going to utilize a freelance you should research artist in your area.  It takes time to find a designer that will not only listen to your ideas but can effectively produce usable artwork.  You may want to simply email a few in your area and asked to view their portfolio.  Viewing a designer or videographer’s work will let you know if their style will work for you or if they are very flexible with types of work they can do.  Another item, although I like charts to break-up a lot of text I believe the chart under “Barriers to Entry” is not necessary. I think that your statements regarding technology are already strong points without the chart.  Also most truly successful companies and businesses are not only very technologically savvy they continue to keep the most current technology available.  Overall your business plan is a great one and I want to elaborate on my plan more after having read through yours.  I believe that if you complete a little bit more research regarding the freelancer position that you can add more information regarding cost and have a clearer idea of whom and what you can expect from the freelance position.  To continue the very professional plan you already have removing any unnecessary charts or graphs will also be an advantage.  One other item that I noticed was missing was that you did not use a company logo.  I am curious was this intentional?  I do not think you have to use a company logo but it will present a more professional look for potential investors or clients.  When selecting a company to do business with most consumers want to feel that the business they choose is well established so utilizing a company logo or brand will give a sense of that as well as help with brand recognition.

No comments:

Post a Comment