Thursday, September 3, 2015

Week 1 Analysis: Vision & Scope

This is a post for my Media Entrepreneur Online course for school.  This assignment is to help develop a vision and exactly what my business will entail.  Please find my blog post below:


FH  Design & Strategy

What?

·      This company will provide design and media strategy to small or large business.  There will only be one.
·      Company Image: Creating innovative designs, brands, business identities and strategies for marketing those companies to their respective audiences and customer bases.
·      Owner’s Role: I plan to be the lead designer and strategist.  I will develop and design the artwork and strategies.  I will also be the main consultant meeting with clients and prospective clients.

Where?

·      Business: To start the business will be local to Texas, but my ultimate goal will be to have the business be international.
·      Customers: Again to start potential clients are local to the state of Texas.  Currently I have clients in Van, and Arlington.
·      Business Operations: My main office for this business currently is in Grand Prairie at my home.  But eventually I plan to have a brick and mortar office located in Down Town Fort Worth.

Who?

·      Customers: The clients I have consist of a tattoo artist, painting and construction company, and an automotive shop.  I prefer the freedom of any type of customer from a small coffee shop to a large corporation.  All companies are in need of guidance with the brand identity and how to market themselves to their clients.
·      Strategic Alliances: I have asked a friend to be a potential partner who has great design skills as well as a complimentary personality and understanding of my visions and ideas.
·      Advisors: A former colleague who is a graphic designer and is always willing to help walk me through design programs and tips to help make cutting edge designs, my current supervisor how has been working with me for almost 5 years and has always pushed me to my truest potential by working through challenges instead of shying away from them, and finally a family member who is an accountant to help guide me with the financial side of the business.



When?

·      Start-up: The business is currently operating on a much smaller basis than I hope to eventually grow to.  The business website is currently doubling as a portfolio site but will soon be revamped into a full-blown business site.
·      Facilities: Currently I am searching for a larger home that will have a separate and quite office space that my business will be running out of for about 1 year by that time I believe I will have the need for a spate brick and mortar location.
·      Systems: When must they be selected, tested and operational?

Why?

·      Owner: I have a passion for design and have grown to be very talented at creating effective strategies for clients for their business.  I believe that there are so many businesses that do not have truly clear guidance on how to bring in their customer bases.  Also in the time that I have been working in the design and graphics business I have witnessed to many times that clients were only given the bare minimum when it came to their designs and branding and I want to spark a change.
·      Customers: I will provide a customized strategy and design as well as educate them on how to pursue their audiences effectively to grow their business.
·      Investors/Bankers: Actually at this time I do not wish to pursue investments in my company.  If in the future I find that is something that I need I will present my successful client base with a substantial financial history that shows my success rate.

How?

·      Financing: Currently I finance the business as part of my family expenses. Eventually my plan is for it to be self-sustaining.
·      Culture: I want a fun and creative environment.   I have found that being continuously reminded of issues and challenges does not help a team produce results.  The times where I have seen myself and the company I work for be the most successful is when every part of the team does their job as well as having a good time doing it.
·      Personal Beliefs: My beliefs will be a huge impact on the business.  I will not be prejudice or bias in any way but I will not tolerate any dishonesty or misleading as well as I will not stand for any clients trying to work the system to get what they think they should get instead of what they are actually paying for.

The only reference for this assignment is a link to my website which can be found below.
All other responses came from me personally and are only reflections from myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment