Tuesday, October 21, 2014

WK4 Reflection: RISE Peer Feedback

My Week 4 Rise Peer Review is for Erik Johansen
Reflect - The shot of the speed adjusted city was a great element and shot for this video.  I believe it gave the illusion of a fast moving world just outside of your home.  Also the general filming was spot on with the techniques we learned this month.
Inquire - I got the general idea of what you were trying to portray, but did you consider filming you family eating dinner, getting ready for bed, or even just basic interaction?  I believe that the random shots definitely leave your audience wanting to see more than just random shots.  For example the shot of the monkey and then moving into a shot of your family eating dinner and then fading into a shot of them laughing and joking together.
Suggest -I believe that over all you did very well with getting the techniques needed for our project.  But maybe consider if this were a film you were watching just for yourself online what do you feel is missing and as a general audience watching the video add footage of something you as viewer would want to see.  Remember this is a video portrait that is supposed to reflect your individuality.
Elevate - I believe overall technically this video is great.  I do think that since this is a video portrait that is supposed to reflect ourselves you should add more of a personal element and this video will be great.  Adding a shot of your family or even a family pet I think would really give the video that pop that you are looking for.
A Quiet Night At Home

Thank you,
Felisha Hodges

No comments:

Post a Comment